This salad is perfect for a full work week of healthy goodness. It’s got the veggies, protein, and flavor to make you forget that you’re eating a salad. If this salad didn’t have the protein, I would be very sad and would be getting an order of a sandwich and fries instead at the cafe downstairs. Since everything is so healthy in this meal, I don’t feel so bad about the dressing that goes in it at the end. You can always swap it out with something healthier, so that’s no problem!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp southwest seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Southwest chipotle dressing
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, adding ground turkey, minced garlic, southwest seasoning, and salt and pepper. Cook until meat has browned, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice and garlic salt until blended, then gradually add to skillet.
- In a separate bowl, add lettuce, turkey, avocado and tomato, drizzling with dressing.