Here’s a little secret about my boyfriend Scott: he’s one of the pickiest eaters you will ever meet. So when he says, “OMG, babe, this is great. This is awesome. This tastes better than a Chinese restaurant’s food,” uhmmm…yeah. It feels pretty awesome when you get such praises.
Here we have an amazing sweet and sour chicken recipe. It’s super easy and super delicious. It just makes you really happy when you eat this. I got the recipe from lifeasalofthouse.com. So I have her to thank for this amazing recipe ❤
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- two chicken breasts
INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- In a shallow dish, crack three eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper to it; whisk together
- In a separate shallow dish, add 2 cups flour
- Heat skillet to medium high; add canola oil
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes
- Dip chicken in flour, then egg, then flour again. Add to plate until ready to place in skillet.
- Place chicken breasts into skillet; cook until slightly browned; flip over and do same. You do not want to cook it.
- Add chicken to 9X13 greased baking dish; pour sweet and sour mix onto chicken.
- Place baking dish into 325 F oven for 1 hour, flipping every 15 minutes.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR JASMINE RICE
- Wash one cup of rice
- Add rice to pot with 1 1/4 cup water
- Heat to boiling; covered. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat, serve.