These little guys were so good and it was just a snap to make. Baking it does not take any of the flavor away, so you won’t feel too guilty eating these. You can either make it a meal by having four for yourself, or as an appetizer by making enough for a crowd. Your choice! I tell you, though, it’s hard to just eat these as an appetizer. Better make sure you have plenty of other food going around!
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- slider buns
- 1 slice American cheese, divided into 4 slices
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine ground beef, salt, and pepper; shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch patties and softly flatten with your hands.
- Place into a a glass pan so they’re not touching. Cook for 25 minutes. If you’re using lean beef, you won’t need to drain any fat because there won’t be any. If there is any fat, drain that off first.
- At 23 minutes, take the pan out; divide your cheese slice into four individual slices and place one on top of each burger. Cook for the last two minutes just so the cheese melts.
- Add whatever toppings you’d like.