I was in the mood for something indulgent and knew this dish would hit the spot. Alfredo pasta is a comfort food for me and I had a rough work day. Good enough, right?!
Chicken with Alfredo Penne Pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt, divided in half
- 1 tsp tsp black pepper, divided in half
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- For the chicken, heat a skillet to medium-high and add EVOO. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper on both sides. Cook the chicken 2-3 minutes on each side and place in oven for about 5 minutes afterwards in a glass pan.
- While cooking your chicken, cook your penne pasta at the same time, about 11 minutes; drain and bring back to pan
- In a small saucepan, add the whipping cream, the rest of the salt and black pepper, and stir until it is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Take off the stovetop and add in the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to it and stir until it is well incorporated.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and stir.
- Divide pasta into bowls; slice chicken and divide between the bowls.