On Sundays I typically like to make a meal that I bring for the whole week to work, so pasta is usually a good bet for me. I feel a little healthy eating this dish because of the mushrooms and spinach, so it kind of cancels out the pasta 🙂 I found this lovely recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, but adjusted it for myself.
Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 8 oz. dried farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced portobello or other fresh mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a pot, cook the pasta according to directions.
- In the meanwhile, heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are nearly tender. Add the garlic within the last 30 seconds and stir.
- Stir in spinach, thyme, and pepper, cooking for about 1 minute or until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted.
- Stir in cooked pasta; toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with cheese.