This is a go to Spanish rice recipe for me and I found it over at jamiecooksitup.com. I love that she adds bell peppers to hers, yum! The only thing I didn’t do was add the cheese to it, even though it’s amazing with it, but for most days that I want Spanish rice, I prefer it without. Give it a try either way because you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red, orange, and yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups rinsed white rice
- 1 6 oz. can tomato sauce
- 3 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-heat; add butter and let melt
- Add the onion and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add the rice and stir for about 10 seconds
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cumin and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and place the lid over the pan. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- After the minutes are up, with the lid still on, remove the pot from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid, fluff the rice, sprinkle with salt and pepper; serve.