What’s more fun than having some good friends over in the summertime and enjoying good food? I don’t know about you, but I happen to really, really like shrimp. And I’ve been really, really craving it lately. This recipe is quick and easy, so that makes it a perfect appetizer on a hot day! I found the recipe in Food Network Kitchens Favorite Recipes. Yum!
Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Oil or melted butter for grilling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro (leaves and some stems)
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley (leaves and some stems)
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat a grill pan on medium-high. Toss shrimp with just enough oil or butter to coat lightly, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill shrimp until they just curl and are translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Squeeze lime juice over the shrimp and serve warm or at room temperature with dip.
- For the pesto, combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add about 1/3 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Add the salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Serve immediately with the grilled shrimp.