Summer is here and I think it’s time for a refreshingly light meal. I found this delicious recipe over at skinnytaste.com and am so glad I did.
Summer Vegetables with Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 14 oz Italian chicken sausage, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of the knife
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (or other fresh herb such as thyme)
- 2 cups zucchini, 1/2 inch thick and quartered
- Heat a large, deep non-stick skillet on high and add EVOO. Add potatoes and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Once the potatoes start to sizzle, reduce heat to low; place lid on pan and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent potatoes from burning. Remove from heat; let sit 5 minutes with lid still on. Set potatoes aside on a dish.
- Heat the same skillet on medium-heat and add the sausage to it. Saute the sausage and stir occasionally for about 10 minutes or until browned. Season the chopped vegetables with salt and pepper. Add onions, peppers, garlic and rosemary to the skillet and stir until vegetables are slightly browned. Add zucchini until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Return potatoes back to skillet and mix everything up well. Add salt and pepper as needed. Cover and cook 5 minutes.