I love cajun chicken pasta…wherever I go. Whether it’s Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, or TGI Friday’s. I love it. Spices are amazing to me. So I thought rather than always being tempted to get the cajun chicken pasta at other restaurants that I would start making it myself and try different things more often! This is so good, every time. It’s just not something I could get tired of ❤
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 small colored sweet bell peppers, sliced into strips (I used yellow, orange, and red)
- 3 tbsp cajun seasoning (2 for chicken, 1 for sauce later)
- 3 tbsp garlic powder (2 for chicken, 1 for sauce later)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Heat a deep skillet on medium-high heat and add EVOO to it. Once heated, place chicken, sweet bell peppers, 2 tbsp cajun seasoning, and 2 tbsp garlic powder to it and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, the rest of the cajun seasoning, the rest of the garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Give it a stir and bring to boil. Once it’s boiling, simmer it and place a lid on top and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Add the sliced green onions at the very end and serve.