Yes, this week has been a sampling of Better Homes and Garden’s cookbook and I’m not afraid to give you another one of their wonderful classic recipes! The only thing I did differently here is add a slice of provolone cheese to this yummy sandwich. I just needed something in addition to all of that beef flavor.
Easy French Dip Sandwich
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef (I used Boar’s Head)
- French-style rolls, split
- In a saucepan, cook onion in hot butter until tender; add garlic within the last 30 seconds. Stir in broth, thyme, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the beef road. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes more.
- Toast rolls. Remove beef and onion from broth liquid. Arrange on rolls. Serve dish with the broth mixture for dipping in a small ramekin.