All right, you guys. Who’s ready for a grown up sloppy joe? It’s grown up because we A) made it ourselves, and B) it’s got vegetables in it. Oh, look at us adulting! It tastes really good and I don’t know about you, but my guilt is gone when I’m having one of these, especially because I have some pretty tasty sides to go with it, like my baked potato bites and a side of salad.
- 1/2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- fancy buns of your choosing
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Place a large skillet on the stove on medium high heat and add EVOO
- Add the ground turkey, 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion, and 1/2 cup green bell pepper to the skillet. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes using a wooden spoon; drain off fat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons water, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Bring to boiling; now reduce heat
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. During this time, toast those buns and serve once the 5 minutes are up