I am TELLING you, God is trying to teach me a lesson right now, but I am not getting it, whatever it is. Maybe it’s to slow down and chillax? I don’t know. Remember Monday morning when I fell down the stairs, hurt my tailbone for days and have a nasty rug burn on my arm? Yeah, that happened. Then tonight, after preparing this lovely dish, I added all of the leftovers to a container and JUST as I was about to place it on the counter, I have no idea what happened, but it ALL fell down! It fell on the counter, on the cabinets, and on the floor. I gasped loudly and thought again, “of course! Just my luck!” This has been reoccurring to me lately and I don’t know why! Waaaah!!
Okay, so moving on. . .
It’s chicken fajita time! This is a REALLY easy recipe, so it’s great for days when you’re too exhausted to prepare an elaborate dinner. Not only that, but this is a clean eating recipe. There’s nothing in here that’ll fatten you up, so you can have seconds! But I’ll be honest with you, I was full halfway through the fajita. And mmm, I couldn’t do without the lime. SO good! I don’t know why, because I was starving tonight! I got home late from the office and needed something quick to whip up, so here is this yummy meal!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- packet of fajita seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), sliced
- 2 tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- fresh salsa
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. In a bowl, add fajita seasoning and salt and pepper to the chicken; mix with your hands (wash hands after touching chicken!)
- Saute 3 to 4 minutes or until browned; place chicken on plate
- Saute onion and bell pepper for about 5 minutes or until tender
- Return chicken to skillet for 1 minute
- Spoon chicken into tortillas and serve with lime wedges and salsa
So easy, so good…enjoy!