This is for when you don’t feel like going crazy with your chili. It’s for when you want a nice, comforting bowl of chili with some cheese melting on top of it and a side of saltines. Yum! We had this for dinner and it hit the spot. There is also plenty left over for the next few days!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced petite tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- In a large pot cook the ground beef and onions until meat is browned; drain off fat. Add garlic for 30 seconds.
- Stir in red kidney beans, petite diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock, chili powder, Italian herb seasoning, and black pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.