Oh, my gosh. Can you please stop staring at the huge chunk I took out of the chicken prior to cooking? Wow, I had no idea it was even that big until I just looked at the pictures now. I thought to myself, “what the heck happened here?!” Life, that’s what happened! As I was trimming it, I found too much fat in one section and took out too much. I apologize. But the meal was good, so it’s all good!
I adapted this recipe from The Cookie Rookie. It looked really good, so naturally I had to try it myself. No surprise by the picture itself, but it isn’t healthy, so this is good for nights you’d like to indulge. Mmm…heavy cream. You know you love it.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can (4 oz.) pimentos
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp boursin cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat skillet over medium high heat
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls
- Dip chicken in milk, and then coat with crumbs
- Add chicken to skillet with ½ of the butter for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown
- Add remaining butter to the skillet, then flip chicken and cook another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked
- Remove and set aside on a plate
- Add broth to skillet bring to boil over medium heat
- Stir in cream, pimientos, and tomatoes; boil and stir for 1 minute
- Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, boursin cheese, and black pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce.
- Serve chicken as is, covered in sauce, or with rice or pasta