I happen to enjoy Thai food, but rarely get to eat it because I have no one to go with me. Sniff, sniff. So homemade spicy Thai noodles to the rescue! I found this recipe on A Small Snippett, but I listened to the reviews and made the changes they recommended. BTW, you can eat this either hot or cold. Convenient, eh? Eh??
- 1/2 box rice noodles (you can substitute it with angel hair pasta or linguine)
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 3/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Boil noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Chop scallions, julienne the carrots (I purchased julienned carrots. So much easier!) and crush peanuts.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the sesame oil, peanut butter, red wine vinegar, and crushed red pepper over medium heat.
- Strain crushed red pepper out and reserve mixture.
- To the oil, whisk in the honey and soy sauce.
- Toss the mixture with noodles.
- Top with a little bit of scallions, carrots, and peanuts. Enjoy!