I found this recipe on Spark Recipes while checking out the 17 Day Diet recipes out there. Scott loves regular meatloaf, so I was surprised how much he enjoyed a healthier version of it! You don’t feel like you’re missing out when eating this. I made changes to the dish, though. I hope you’ll enjoy!
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, lean
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- handful of spinach, fresh
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, plain
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic salt or garlic powder
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with a whisk, except the ground turkey, spinach, and breadcrumbs. When mixed well, add the turkey, spinach, and breadcrumbs. Use your hands to knead the mixture together. Shape into a loaf about 1.5-2.5 inches thick. Add ketchup on top of loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.