I stumbled upon this delicious meal on Damn Delicious! I was in search of something healthy to eat all week for work and this was the perfect dish for it. It’s packed with nutrients and is seriously flavorful. My friend/co-worker in the cubicle next to me was salivating when I was eating this at my desk. She was ready to snatch it from me! This is a really easy recipe that won’t disappoint.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and finely chopped OR 1 cup frozen broccoli florets (what I used)
- 1 teaspoon bouillon
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Within the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli on top and steam until cooked through.
- In a pot, add two deboned chicken breasts and water to cover them. Cook on high until it starts to boil. Add the chicken bouillon before it starts to boil. Once it’s boiling, turn the heat to medium and let chicken cook for 15 minutes. Set chicken breasts on a plate to cool. Once it’s cooled, shred it.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in quinoa, broccoli, chicken, 1 cup cheese and Greek yogurt; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.